Nexgram to distribute EVs across SEA via Zhida Group’s partnership
Date: 2018-04-15   Author: Saipriya Iyer  Category: #market

Nexgram to distribute EVs across SEA via Zhida Group’s partnership

Renowned Malaysia based tech behemoth, Nexgram Holdings Bhd is apparently venturing into the electric vehicle business in collaboration with a Chinese supplier. If reports are to be relied on, the company has penned down an agreement with the Shanghai Zhida Science and Technology Development Co Ltd in a bid to conjointly distribute EV charging services and products across the Southeast Asian belt.

For the uninitiated, Nexgram has been closely involved with software, real estate, surveillance, infrastructure business investment, and telecommunication since the last many years. In a bid to operationalize the proposed joint venture, the company has entered the SCFA (strategic cooperation framework agreement) with the Zhida Group, as per Nexgram’s official statement in a filing with Bursa Malaysia.

For the record, Malaysia would be the chief distribution hub for the product. As per reports, Nexgram would hold a stake of almost 85 percent in the joint venture and the remaining 15 percent would be held by the Zhida Group, which is reported to witness an initial investment of RM10 million. As the technology is deemed to be absolutely novel for the Southeast Asian market, both the parties have conjointly agreed not to fix any expiry date of the agreement. Nevertheless, both parties would be deriving agreeable terms and conditions while signing the JV and distributorship agreement.

Reportedly, the agreement would feature both the companies’ cooperation in the arena of localized implementation of technology and resources in the automotive and new energy industries. The varied platform would include smart travel hardware, urban EV charging platforms, national internet high-tech products, smart-vehicle networking business, as well as intelligent hardware and R&D activities.

Sources familiar with the matter stated that Nexgram's share price closed 9.1% higher at 6 sen, with nearly 8.5 million shares done, bringing a market valuation of RM112.93 million.



About Author


Saipriya Iyer

Saipriya Iyer

Saipriya Iyer currently works as a content developer for AlgosOnline. A computer engineer by profession, she ventured into the field of writing for the love of playing with words. Having had a previous experience of 3 years under her belt, she has dabbled with website...

Read More

More from Saipriya


Post Recommendents

Additive Manufacturing Software Market Size 2020 - Application, Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Worldwide Forecast to 2025
Author: Sachin Pashte

Global Additive Manufacturing Software Market Size 2019-2024 report covers emerging opportunities in the market and the future impact of major Key vendors and Market driver and, support decisions in making cost-effective business decisions. The ma...


Hall Effect System Market: Technological Advancement & Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2025
Author: Sachin Pashte

Global Hall Effect System Market analysis report speaks about the manufacturing process. Global Hall Effect System market report analyses the market growth, trends, overview & forecast to 2024.The report covers key technological developments in th...


Superconducting Magnet Power Supply Market Size, Growth Opportunities, Trends by Manufacturers, Regions, Application & Forecast to 2025
Author: Sachin Pashte

Global Superconducting Magnet Power Supply Market Report Renders deep perception of the Market Segment by Regions, market status of the Superconducting Magnet Power Supply on a global level that primarily aims the core regions which comprises of c...